Real stock cars! Real Speed! It's just you alone in the car putting it through its paces. Get behind the wheel of a race car at North Carolina’s Caraway Speedway and live your dream of driving like the NASCAR pros do!
No pace car to follow, no instructor in the car, all laps are hot laps, and passing allowed!
Gift the NASCAR fan in your life a gift they can check off their bucket list - driving a race car at speeds up to 150 mph at Caraway Speedway in Sophia, North Carolina, a short drive from Greensboro.
When are you arrive at Caraway Speedway, instructors will go over the techniques you will need for a safe but very fast experience. They'll go over how to enter / exit the track, flags used, finding the racing line, safety procedures, and much more.
Next, you’ll put on your racing gear, slide through the window into the driver’s seat and buckle your 5-point racing harness! A crew member will connect a one-way radio to your helmet. Through the helmet radio, they'll help you find the fastest line as you push your driving skills to the limit.
After a thumbs up, start your engine, wait for the green flag to be waved, and put the pedal to the metal! Out on the track, it’s just you alone in the race car with the instructor in your ear helping you drive to near NASCAR race speeds.
How fast you go is up to you! Speeds will vary according to each driver’s individual performance.
No previous racing experience needed!
You’ll be driving a Late Model stock car. The Late Model’s strong chassis and fiberglass body make them quicker and lighter on smaller ovals than the NASCAR style Cup cars used at the bigger ovals.
This adrenaline-pumping experience will have you driving a NASCAR style race car in a safe and controlled environment. This experience is the perfect gift for someone who loves to go FAST!
*This experience has limited space and only select dates to choose from. Dates are subject to change.
- High speed laps around Caraway Speedway’s .445 mile asphalt oval.
- Receive instruction from stock car racing veterans in a classroom and while you’re on the track.
- Experience the power of a 400+ horsepower Late Model stock car.
- It’s just you in the car!
Location: Sophia, North Carolina as short drive from Greensboro. VIEW MAP
Need to know:
- The race cars all have standard transmission. If you need assistance operating a standard vehicle the pit crews will help you exit the pit area and get to speed quickly.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate.
- All participants are provided with a driver’s suit, a helmet with a one-way radio, and a HANS Device.
- The maximum height allowable is 6′ 4″.
- The minimum height requirement for drivers is 5′ tall.
- All Drivers & Riders must be able to climb through a 15” high by 28” wide window that sits 35” from the ground.
- Waist and chest can be no greater than 52".
- This experience is weather dependent. If the experience is cancelled due to weather, your experience certificate will be rescheduled for a future date. No refunds can be issued.
- Wear clothes that will be comfortable under the driver’s suit and closed-toed shoes that allow you to feel the pedals through the sole. A tennis shoe or equivalent usually works best (no boots).
- You are financially responsible for all damage caused to the car due to driver error. A Vehicle Protection Plan is available for $75.00, subject to a $1000.00 deductible. You can purchase optional insurance at the race car track on the day of your event. Due to the quality of the training and cars, damage is rare but you will be responsible for any damage to the race car.
How To Book Your Experience