Feel the rush as you drift around the dirt track at Albany Saratogo Speedway. Strap in, hold on tight, and get ready for the most thrilling dirt racing experience imaginable.
Driving will never be the same again!
There is nothing else in the world like racing on a dirt track. Combine speed of asphalt racing and with the thrills of drifting sideways around Albany Saratogo Speedway’s oval and that’s a dirt racing experience you will never forget!
Your racing adventure begins with a driver’s orientation session. Once the session is complete, it’s time to put on your safety gear, climb through the window and get strapped into the driver’s seat!
No previous racing experience required!
While you’re on the track, via the radio in your helmet, your instructor will give you constant instruction throughout the entire experience. They will help you to drive faster each lap, improving your technique with every lap around the oval.
- Drift around Albany Saratogo Speedway, a 4/10 mile dirt oval.
- Drive a Legend’s Modified, Late Model, Sprint Car, UMP Modified, or Big Block Modified.
- Receive instruction from racing professionals.
- Dirt track racing car
- 45-minute class instruction
- Safety equipment including helmet, fire resistant suits, and HANS device
Location: Albany Saratoga Speedway, Malta, New York, just outside of Albany. VIEW MAP
- The checked flag has been waved for the 2021 season. 🏁
- Buckle up for 2022 season dates coming soon.
*Dates are subject to change
This experience has limited space and only selected dates to choose from.
You’ll be able to select from one of the following types of cars*:
- L-Mods: L-Mods: Fun to drive, easy to control in a slide and surprisingly fast!
- Late Models: There’s nothing comparable to throwing a dirt Late Model down into the corner and coming back to the throttle as that left front tire lifts off the ground.
- Sprint Cars: The raw acceleration and cornering speed of the car as it leans on that big right rear tire coming out of the corner will leave you in awestruck.
- Big Block Modified: The Beasts of the East! There’s something special about the center steer big block style modified. Fans of these car are passionate for good reason.
- IMCA – UMP Style Modifieds: If you’re looking for the car to move around a little more, and really feel the racetrack then this is the car for you. The IMCA style mod is the most popular racecar in the world. It is an entry level dirt car and a good car for a driver with little to no experience starting out dirt racing.
*Car types are subject to availability.
Need to know:
- All of the race cars are equipped with standard transmissions. If you need assistance operating a standard vehicle the pit crews will help you exit the pit area and get to speed quickly.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Minimum age for participation is 18 years.
- Dress comfortably for the weather in a t-shirt, and shorts or pants. You will be wearing a full fireproof racing suit over your clothing.
- Please wear closed-toed shoes with a flexible sole, like sneakers. Open-toed shoes are not permitted.
- Drivers and Riders must be able climb through a 15” high by 28” wide window that sits 35” from the ground.
- Minimum height for Drivers is 5'.
- Maximum height is permitted is 6′ 3″.
- Waist and chest sizes can be no bigger than 48".
- Friends and family are welcome to come and watch your thrilling driving experience.
- Please note that this experience is weather dependant. Should your date be cancelled due to weather, your certificate will be honored for a future date. No refunds can be issued.
- You are financially responsible for all damage caused to the car if crashed while the driver is driving. A Vehicle Protection Plan is available for $30.00, subject to a $1000.00 deductible or for $45 subject to a $500 deductible. You can purchase optional insurance at the race car track on the day of your event or when you reserve your day/time with the experience provider.
Whether you are treating yourself to a bucket list experience or buying this as an experience gift for the speed fan in your life, this heart-pounding dirt racing experience provides the ultimate thrill ride!
How To Book Your Experience