Gear up for the most exhilarating driving experience of your life: Dirt Racing at Lernerville Speedway near Pittsburgh.
Strap in and hold on tight for some serious drifting and speed dirt track racing!
Blend the speed of NASCAR stock car racing with the thrills of unexpected slides and drifts of racing on a dirt track at Lernerville Speedway. There is nothing else in the racing world like dirt racing.
No previous racing experience required!
Your racing experience begins with a 45-minute in-class instruction where you will go over safety measures, basic techniques of dirt track driving, track details and everything you need to know to drive a race car. Following the class, you’ll gear up up in a fireproof driving suit, helmet and HANS devices.
Before you rev the engine and tear out onto the track, a crew member will tighten your 5-point racing harness and check the one-way radio that’s wired to your helmet. While you are going around the track, your instructor will guide throughout the experience via the radio in your helmet, helping you to driving faster and efficiently, honing your technique with each lap.
- Drive a Legends Modified, Late Model, UMP Modified or Big Block Modified around Lernerville Speedway’s 4/10-mile dirt oval.
- 45 minute in-class instruction from seasoned racing professionals.
- Use of necessary safety equipment, including helmet, fire resistant suits, and HANS device.
Location: Lernerville Speedway, Sarver, Pennsylvania, just outside of Philadelphia. VIEW MAP
- May 01,2021
- May 02, 2021
- October 23, 2021
- October 24, 2021
*Dates are subject to change
This experience has limited space and only selected dates to choose from.
You’ll be able to choose from one of the following types of cars*:
- Legends Modified: Legends Modified race cars are easy to control in a slide and surprisingly fast!
- Late Model: There is nothing like throwing Late Model race car down into the corner and coming back to the throttle as that left front tire lifts off the ground.
- Big Block Modified: There’s something special about the center steer big block style modified. The Beasts of the East!
- UMP Style Modified: If you’re looking for the car to move around a little more, and really feel the racetrack then the UMP Style Modified is the car for you. Its an entry level dirt car and makes it easy for a driver with little to no experience to go dirt racing.
*Car types are subject to availability.
Need to know:
- You need a valid driver’s license to participate in the driving experiences.
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate
- You must be able to climb through a 15” high by 28” wide window that sits 35” from the ground.
- Minimum height requirement is 5′ tall.
- Maximum height is 6′ 3″.
- Waist and chest can be no bigger than 48".
- Dress comfortably for the weather in shorts or jeans and a t-shirt. Wear something that will be comfortable underneath the fire suit.
- Drivers should wear running shoes or shoes with a flexible sole. Open toe shoes are not permitted.
- Family and friends are welcome to come and watch.
- Please note that this experience is weather dependent. If your date be cancelled due to weather, your certificate will be honored for a future date. Refunds cannot be issued.
- You are financially responsible for all damage caused to the car if crashed while the driver is driving. A Vehicle Protection Plan is available for $30.00, subject to a $1000.00 deductible or for $45 subject to a $500 deductible. You can purchase optional insurance at the race car track on the day of your event or when you reserve your day/time with the experience provider.
Whether you are checking an activity off your bucket list or buying this as an experience gift for the NASCAR racing fan in your life, this dirt racing experience provides the ultimate thrill ride!
How To Book Your Experience