Get ready for a mind-blowing, adrenaline pumping experience as you drive a race car around the dirt track at Tri-City Speedway, just outside of St. Louis in Granite City. Buckle for some serious speed and drifting!
Strap in and hold on tight for a white-knuckle dirt racing experience!
There is nothing else in the racing world like dirt racing. Those who love racing always return to the dirt track. Combine the speed of racing on asphalt with the exhilaration of drifting and you have dirt racing!
No previous racing experience required!
Your dirt racing experience starts off with a 45-minute driver’s meeting. Instructors will go over safety procedures, driving techniques and everything you need to know to get you ready to drive a race car. After the orientation session, you’ll get suited up in a fireproof driving suit, helmet and HANS devices.
Before you the pedal to the metal and pull out onto the track, a crew member will check your 5-point racing harness and the one-way radio wired to your helmet. While you’re on the track, via the radio in your helmet, your instructor will guide you throughout the experience helping you to driving faster and efficiently, improving your technique with each lap.
- Drive a race car around Tri-City Speedway’s 3/8-mile dirt oval.
- Drive a Legends Modified, Late Model, UMP Modified or Big Block Modified.
- Receive instruction from seasoned racing professionals.
- Dirt track racing car
- Safety equipment including helmet, fire resistant suits, and HANS device
- 45-minute class instruction
*Dates are subject to change
This experience has limited space and only selected dates to choose from.
Location: Tri-City Speedway, Granite City, Illinois, a short drive from St. Louis, Missouri. VIEW MAP
You’ll be able to select from one of the following types of cars:
- Legends Modified: Legends Modified race cars are fun to drive, easy to control in a slide and surprisingly fast!
- Late Model: There is nothing comparable to throwing a Late Model race car down into the dirt corner and coming back to the throttle as that left front tire starts lifting off the ground.
- Big Block Modified: The Beasts of the East! There’s something special about the center steer big block style modified, fans of these are passionate for good reason.
- UMP Style Modified: If you’re looking for the car to move around a little more, and really feel the racetrack then this is the car for you. The UMP Style Modified is the most popular race car in the world. Its an entry level dirt car and makes it easy for a driver with little to no experience to go dirt racing.
*Car types are subject to availability.
Need to know:
- All of the race cars are equipped with standard transmissions. If you need assistance operating a standard vehicle the pit crews will help you exit the pit area and get to speed quickly.
- You need a valid driver’s license to participate in this driving experience.
- To participate you must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be able to climb through a 15” high by 28” wide window that sits 35” from the ground.
- Minimum height requirement is 5′ tall.
- Maximum height is 6′ 3″.
- Waist and chest can be no greater than 48".
- Dress comfortably for the weather in shorts or jeans and a t-shirt. Wear something that will be comfortable underneath the fire suit.
- Drivers should wear sneakers or shoes with a flexible sole. Open-toed shoes are not permitted.
- Family and friends are welcome to come and watch your experience.
- Please note that this experience is dependent on weather. Should your date be cancelled due to weather, your certificate will be honored for a future date. Refunds cannot be issued.
- You are financially responsible for all damage caused to the car if crashed while the driver is driving. A Vehicle Protection Plan is available for $30.00, subject to a $1000.00 deductible or for $45 subject to a $500 deductible. You can purchase optional insurance at the race car track on the day of your event or when you reserve your day/time with the experience provider.
Whether you are treating yourself to an incredible bucket list activity or buying this as an experience gift for the racing fan in your life, this dirt racing experience provides the ultimate thrill ride!
How To Book Your Experience