Get ready for an adrenaline pumping thrill as you drive a race car at high speeds around Dominion Raceway’s ¼ mile track. This NASCAR Style Racing Experience is real stock car driving and authentic as it gets.
Rocket around the track like the pros do, reaching speeds up to 150mph!
You can make their dream of racing come true at Dominion Raceway, Virginia with a NASCAR style stock car racing experience gift that gets them behind the wheel, driving a real 400-plus horsepower race car.
Seasoned racing instructors will get you ready for the incredible power and speed you are about to discover with an orientation session covering everything needed for you to be ready to tear down the track safely.
Then, it’s what you’ve been waiting for! You’ll climb into the driver’s seat after getting dressed in full racing suit and helmet. The pit crew will get you buckled in with a 5-point harness and connect your earpiece to your helmet so you can hear your instructor while you’re on the track.They will be giving you advice the entire time you are racing around the track, helping you drive safely as you bring your speed up to a mind-blowing level.
Once you're behind the wheel, it's all down to you. There is no instructor riding shotgun. You’ll be driving the racecar by yourself.
All laps are hot laps and passing is allowed! Burn some rubber just like your NASCAR racing heroes.
Dominion Raceway’s oval track includes uniform banking, designed to enable side by side racing anywhere on the track. It will give an “equal” opportunity to pass in both low and high grooves.
No previous stock car racing experience required!
This is the perfect gift for that special person in your life who loves to go FAST!
*This experience has limited space and only select dates to choose from. Dates are subject to change
- Soar around the short track oval at Dominion Raceway, Virginia. It's just you in the car, in control!
- Feel the awesome power of a 400+ horsepower race proven Late Model stock car.
- Learn from veteran racing professionals.
- You will be wearing a full-body driver's suit, HANS Device, and a helmet with one-way radio communication.
Location: Dominion Raceway, Woodford, a short drive from Richmond. VIEW MAP
- Tour type Late Models designed to race on smaller short oval race tracks.
- The race cars all have standard transmission. If you need assistance operating a standard vehicle the pit crews will help you exit the pit area and get to speed quickly.
- The Late Model’s fiberglass body and strong chassis make the cars quicker and lighter than the larger NASCAR style Cup cars used at bigger ovals.
How fast will I be able to go?
- Real fast! Speeds vary according to each driver’s individual performance.
Need to know:
- Minimum age to drive is 18 years old. Ride Along minimum age is 14 years and be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Drivers must be able to climb through a 15” high by 28” wide window that sits 35” from the ground.
- Minimum height requirement is 5′ tall.
- Maximum height allowable is 6′ 4″.
- Chest and waist cannot exceed 52".
- Wear clothes that will be comfortable under the driver’s suit.
- Closed toe shoes are required. The shoes you wear should allow you to feel the pedals through the sole. A running shoe or equivalent usually works best (no boots). Open-toed shoes are not permitted.
- This experience is weather dependent. If your racing event is cancelled due to weather, your certificate will be rescheduled for a future date. Refunds cannot be issued.
- You are financially responsible for all damage caused to the car due to driver error. A Vehicle Protection Plan is available for $60.00, subject to a $1000.00 deductible. You can purchase optional insurance at the race car track on the day of your event. Due to the quality of the training and cars, damage is rare, but you will be responsible for any damage to the race car.
How To Book Your Experience