Slide into the cockpit of an 800+ horsepower dragster and soar down the drag strip at Dallas’ Texas Motorplex! Buckle up for a high-powered driving experience!
Accelerate up to 130mph in mere seconds!
Your racing adventure start begins with an overview of safety procedures and how to drive the line. Following a track orientation and a demonstration run with your instructors, you’ll get suited up in your protective racing gear. Then it’s time to climb into the dragster’s seat and get buckled in tight.
When the Christmas tree lights turns green, slam the pedal to the metal, igniting a long, smoky burnout followed by a thundering launch down the drag strap. You’ll reach speeds up to 130 mph before you cover the 1/4 track.
No racing experience is required to drive a dragster!
All runs are done incrementally with your first pass going to the 330ft mark, the second to the 1/8 mile and your third covering the full 1/4 mile. With each run, you’ll have a burn-out and breath-taking launch off the starting line that will have adrenaline coursing through your body!
- Full throttle burnouts and mind-bending launches.
- Get up to 130mph in seconds.
- Receive classroom, in-car, and on-track instruction.
- The Qualifier– 2 runs: 330 ft. run and 1/8-mile run.
- The Eliminator – 3 runs: a 330 ft. run, a 1/8 mile run, and a full 1/4 mile run.
- Safety instruction, track orientation and a demonstration run.
- Safety gear including a fireproof protective racing suit, collar, helmet, and gloves.
*Dates are subject to change
This experience has limited space and only selected dates to choose from.
Location: Texas Motorplex, Ennis Texas, just outside of Dallas VIEW MAP
Need to know:
- All cars have automatic transmissions.
- You need a valid driver’s license is needed to participate.
- Minimum age for participation is18 years.
- All participants must be in good health and able to enter and exit the car on their own.
- Minimum height requirement: 5’ tall.
- Maximum height allowed 6'5".
- Minimum weight: 100lbs. Maximum weight is based on proportionate sizing.
- Refunds will not be given if you are not able to fit in the car.
- Please dress comfortably for the weather in a t-shirt, pants or shorts. You will be wearing a full racing suit over top of your clothing.
- Please wear closed-toed, preferably rubber soled shoes. Open toed shoes are not permitted.
- Please note that this experience is dependent on weather. Should your date be cancelled due to weather, your certificate will be honored for a future date. Refunds are not issued.
- You are financially responsible for all damage caused to the car due to driver error/negligence. A Vehicle Protection Plan is available for $38.00 at the course on the day of your event or when you reserve your experience day/time with the experience provider. This plan covers you for all damages caused to the vehicle and is subject to a $1000 deductible. All payments for damages must be paid at the track at the time of the incident. Due to the quality of the training and cars, damage is rare.
Whether you are treating yourself to a an experience on your bucket list or giving this as a gift for the racing fan in your life, this Drag Racing Experience at Texas Motorplex will soothe the need for speed!
How To Book Your Experience