Have you ever dreamed of driving a dragster at 130 mph? Buckle up and feel the awesome power of the 800+ horsepower engine behind you as you soar down the strip at Albany’s Lebanon Valley Dragway!
A high-powered drag racing experience gift!
Your experience starts with meeting the race crew for safety instruction, track orientation, and a demonstration run. You’ll get suited up in your fireproof drag racing attire and get strapped into the dragster by the professional crew.
Then hang on … pedal pushed to the floor and it’s a loud, long smoke producing burnout. Brace yourself! You are about to experience g-force pinning you to your seat as you accelerate to speeds over 100 mph.
No racing experience is required to drive a dragster!
Each run will start with a electrifying burn-out when you launch off the starting line. All runs are done incrementally with your first pass going to the 330ft mark, the second to the 1/8 mile and the third covering the full ¼ mile reaching speeds up to 130mph.
- Soar down the track at speeds of up to 130mph.
- Experience a smoke launch that you’ll never forget.
- Professional instruction from drag racing experts.
- The Qualifier – 2 runs down the strip – a 330 ft. run and a 1/8-mile.
- The Eliminator – 3 runs down the strip - 330 ft. run, a 1/8 mile, and a full 1/4 mile run.
- Track Orientation
- Safety instruction
- Demonstration run
- Safety gear including two-piece driving suit, gloves, helmet, and neck collar.
- June 25, 2021
- October 22, 2021
*Dates are subject to change
This experience has limited space and only selected dates to choose from.
Need to know:
- To participate in this driving experience you must have a valid driver's license.
- The minimum age for participation is 18 years.
- All participants must be in good health and able to enter / exit the car on their own.
- Drivers must be at least 5’ tall. Maximum height is 6'5".
- Minimum weight to particpate is 100lbs.
- Maximum weight allowable is based on proportionate sizing.
- Refunds will not be given if you are unable to fit in the car.
- Please note that this experience is dependent on weather. Should your date be cancelled due to weather, your certificate will be honored for a future date. No refunds can be issued.
- Dress comfortably for the weather in pants or shorts and a t-shirt. You will be required to wear a full racing suit over your clothing and a helmet.
- Please wear rubber soled sneakers or shoes. Open toed shoes are not permitted.
- You are financially responsible for all damage caused to the car due to driver error/negligence. A Vehicle Protection Plan is available for $38.00 at the course on the day of your event or when you reserve your experience day/time with the experience provider. This plan covers you for all damages caused to the vehicle and is subject to a $1000 deductible. All payments for damages must be paid at the track at the time of the incident. Due to the quality of the training and cars, damage is rare.
Whether you are treating yourself or buying this as an experience gift for the car racing fan in your life, this dragster racing experience provides the ultimate thrill ride!
This drag racing experience takes place at Lebanon Valley Speedway, a short drive from Albany, New York VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience