Live your dream and drive a NASCAR style race car at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Get ready for an unforgettable driving experience!
This is your chance to drive a race car like the pros do!
Nestled in the heart of NASCAR country, the iconic superspeedway is a 1.5 mile D-shaped oval track with four 24-degree banking turns and a long 2000 foot straight-away.
Your racing experience begins with a driver’s meeting to go over safety procedures, the flags used, how to enter and exit the track, finding your line, passing and more. By the end of this session, you'll have everything you need for a safe but extremely fast race car driving experience.
Next, you’ll geared up with a full-face helmet and driving suit that goes over your clothes. When you’re checked in and ready to go, you’ll climb into the driver’s seat. A crew member will buckle you in securely in a 5-point harness. Your earpiece will get fitted under your helmet so that you can hear your instructor.
You’ll be able to hear your instructor the entire time you are racing around the track. They’ll be giving you advice on braking points and changing gears so you can drive safely while still getting your speed up to a breath-taking level.
No racing experience is required!
- June 12, 2022
- July 24, 2022
- August 07, 2022
- August 28, 2022
- October 16, 2022
- October 23, 2022
- November 06, 2022
This experience has limited space and only select dates to choose from.
*Dates are subject to change
- High speed laps around Charlotte Motor Speedway's 1.5 mile D-Shaped pave oval Super Speedway.
- Drive a 500+ horsepower stock car.
- You’ll receive instruction from stock car racing professionals.
- Drive like you’ve never driven before.
Location: Concord, North Carolina, just outside of Charlotte. VIEW MAP
- NASCAR Nationwide and Cup Style race cars.
- All of the race cars are equipped with standard transmissions. If you need assistance operating a standard vehicle the pit crews will assist you in exiting the pit area and get to speed quickly.
- The race cars have been raced in competitions. Amongst them you will find cars from Dale Earnhardt Inc., Joe Gibbs Racing, Hendrick Motorsports, Roush and others.
- The steel bodied race cars are stable at speeds of 150mph and more.
- The chassis, combined with a 500 hp GM crate motor, will have you in awe as the car rockets off the corners
How fast will I be able to go?
- Real fast! It's just you and the car. The speeds will vary according to a driver’s individual performance.
Need to know:
- Minimum age for participation is 18 years old. Ride Along minimum age is 14 years and be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- You will be provided with a driver’s suit, a helmet with one-way radio communication and a HANS Device.
- All Drivers and Riders must be able to climb through a 15” high by 28” wide window that sits 35” from the ground.
- Waist and chest sizes can be no greater than 52".
- Minimum height requirement: 5′ tall.
- Maximum height permitted: 6′ 4″.
- This experience is weather dependent. If event the experience is cancelled due to weather, your certificate will be rescheduled for a future date. No refunds can be issued.
- Wear clothes that will be comfortable under the driver’s suit and close-toed shoes. The shoes you wear should allow you to feel the pedals through the sole. A tennis shoe or equivalent usually works best (no boots). Open-toed shoes are not permitted.
- You are financially responsible for all damage caused to the car due to driver error. A Vehicle Protection Plan is available for $75.00, subject to a $1000.00 deductible. You can purchase optional insurance at the race car track on the day of your event. Due to the quality of the training and cars, damage is rare but you will be responsible for any damage to the racecar.
This is the perfect experience gift for the NASCAR fan in your life – a race car driving experience wrapped in a 500 horsepower V8 engine that will rocket them around the Charlotte Motor Speedway’s track at speeds up to 150mph.
How To Book Your Experience