Feel the synergy of man and machine as your 500-horsepower NASCAR style race car propels you around Chicagoland Speedway’s 1.5-mile track at speeds up to 150 mph. Drive a race car like the pros do and experience the ultimate high-octane thrill!
This is the perfect experience gift for the NASCAR racing fan in your life!
Upon arrival at Chicagoland Speedway, seasoned stock car racers will get you prepared for an amazing race car driving experience with a briefing session go over safety procedures, how to enter and exit the track, finding your line, the flags used, passing and more. By the end, you’ll know everything you for a safe but very fast driving experience.
Next, you’ll get geared up with a full-face helmet and protective driving suit that goes over your clothes. When you’re checked in and ready to go, you’ll slide into the driver’s seat. A crew member will strap you in securely in a 5-point harness and fit your earpieces under your helmet.
Then it's all up to you! Take control and take off. The roar of the 500-horsepower engine will drown out every other thought. It’s just you in the car and the track ahead!
You’ll be able to hear your instructor the entire time you are racing around the track. They’ll be giving you advice on braking points and changing gears so you can drive safely while still getting your speed up to a breath-taking level.
No racing experience is required!
Feel free to bring your family and friends to watch you experience a once-in-a-lifetime, heart-pumping, high-speed NASCAR style racing experience.
This is the perfect experience gift for the NASCAR fan and speed fan in your life – a race car driving experience with a 500 horsepower V8 engine that will have them soaring around the Chicagoland Speedway’s track at speeds up to 150mph.
- The checkered flag has been waved for the 2020 season.
- Stayed tuned for 2021 dates.
*This experience has limited space and only select dates to choose from. Dates are subject to change
- High speed laps around Chicagoland Speedway, a 1.5 mile D-shaped oval with 18 degree banking in turns.
- Race a 500+ horsepower NASCAR style stock car.
- You’ll receive instruction from racing professionals.
Location: Joliet, Illinois, a short drive from Chicago. VIEW MAP
How fast will I be able to go?
- Real fast! Every student and track is different. The speeds will vary according to a driver’s individual performance.
Need to know:
- To participate in the driving program, you must be at least 18 years old.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- All participants are provided with a driver’s suit, a helmet with one-way radio communication and a HANS Device.
- All Drivers & Riders must have the ability to climb through a 15” high by 28” wide window that sits 35” from the ground.
- Drivers must be at least 5′ tall.
- Maximum height is 6′ 4″.
- Chest and waist can be no bigger than 52".
- This experience is weather dependent. In the event the experience is cancelled due to weather, your certificate will be rescheduled for a future date. No refunds can be issued.
- Wear clothes that will be comfortable under the driver’s suit and closed toe shoes. The shoes you wear should allow you to feel the pedals through the sole. A sneaker or equivalent usually works best (no boots). Open-toed shoes are not allowed.
- You are financially responsible for all damage caused to the car due to driver error. A Vehicle Protection Plan is available for $75.00, subject to a $1000.00 deductible. You can purchase optional insurance at the race car track on the day of your event. Due to the quality of the training and cars, damage is rare but you will be responsible for any damage to the racecar.
How To Book Your Experience