Experience the ultimate high-octane thrill of driving a NASCAR style race car around the oval at Denver’s Colorado National Speedway. Buckle up your 5-point harness and feed your need for speed as you drive a 400-horsepower race car like the pros do!
Put the pedal to the medal and take the checkered flag!
This adrenaline-pumping driving experience kicks off with a driver’s meeting where instructors will go over safety procedures, driving techniques and everything you need to know to get you prepared for your NASCAR style racing experience. Once the orientation session is complete, you’ll get dressed a fireproof driving suit and helmet, climb into the driver’s seat and buckle your 5-point racing harness!
Before you step on the gas and pull out onto 1/3-mile oval , a crew member will check your one-way radio that’s wired to your helmet. Through the radio, you instructor will give you advice on changing gears and braking points the whole way through, so you can drive safely while still getting your speed up to an incredible level.
No previous stock car racing experience needed!
Whether you are a NASCAR fan who would like to experience the thrills of racing at speeds up to 150mph or looking for a unique car racing experience gift, this stock car driving experience at Denver’s Colorado National Speedway makes a truly amazing gift!
- August 27, 2021
- August 28, 2021
- August 29, 2021
*This experience has limited space and only select dates to choose from. Dates are subject to change
- Race around Colorado National Speedway's 1/3-mile Bull Ring asphalt oval.
- Feel the rumble of Late Model stock car's 400+ horsepower engine.
- Instruction and guidance from stock car racing professionals.
- You will be provided with a helmet with one-way radio communication, a HANS Device and driver’s suit.
Location: Dacono, Colorado, just outside of Denver.VIEW MAP
- Late Models designed to race on smaller short oval racetracks.
- The Late Model’s strong chassis and fiberglass body make the car quicker and lighter than the larger NASCAR style Cup cars used at bigger ovals.
- The race cars all have standard transmission. If you need assistance operating a standard vehicle the pit crews will help you exit the pit area and get to speed quickly.
How fast will I be able to go?
- Real fast! You are driving by yourself in the race car. The speeds will vary according to each driver’s individual performance.
Need to know:
- The minimum age drive a race car is18 years old.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Drivers must be able to climb through a 15” high by 28” wide window that sits 35” from the ground.
- Minimum height requirement is 5′ tall.
- Maximum height allowable is 6′ 4″.
- Chest and waist cannot exceed 52".
- Wear clothes that will be comfortable under the driver’s suit.
- Closed toe shoes are required. The shoes you wear should allow you to feel the pedals through the sole. A running shoe or equivalent usually works best (no boots). Open-toed shoes are not permitted.
- This experience is weather dependent. If your racing event is cancelled due to weather, your certificate will be rescheduled for a future date. Refunds cannot be issued.
- You are financially responsible for all damage caused to the car due to driver error. A Vehicle Protection Plan is available for $60.00, subject to a $1000.00 deductible. You can purchase optional insurance at the race car track on the day of your event. Due to the quality of the training and cars, damage is rare, but you will be responsible for any damage to the race car.
How To Book Your Experience