Get your adrenaline pumping as you drive a NASCAR style race car by yourself at San Bernardino’s Auto Club Speedway. Experience what it's like to be a professional stock car driver!
If you love stock car racing, you'll absolutely love this high-speed driving experience!
Your NASCAR style racing experience starts with a driver orientation session where a racing school instructor covers how to enter and exit the track, finding the line, the flags used, safety procedures, and much more. By the end of the session you’ll have everything needed for a safe driving experience.
Next, you’ll suit up in the racing gear and climb through the window into the driver’s seat. A crew member will buckle you into the 5-point racing harness and connect your in-helmet radio.
After a thumbs up, start your engine and through the one-way radio the instructor will guide you out onto the track. They'll work with you on accelerating, passing, braking, and finding your fastest line as your push your driving skills to the limit.
No racing experience is required!
Out on the track, it’s just you alone in the race car with the instructor in your ear helping you drive to near NASCAR race speeds. This adrenaline-pumping driving experience has been designed for the sole purpose of giving you the opportunity to experience the thrill of driving a NASCAR style race car in a safe and controlled environment. The only question is ‘How FAST will you go?’.
- Soar around Auto Club Speedway's 2 mile Super Speedway D-shaped paved oval at up to 150 mph in a 500+ horsepower stock car.
- Wear a fireproof driver's suite, helmet with one-way radio communication, and a HANS Device.
- Receive instruction from stock car racing professionals.
- You will be driving the race car by yourself, no instructor riding shotgun.
- November 21, 2020
- November 22, 2020
- February 13, 2021
- February 14, 2021
* This experience has limited space and only select dates to choose from. Dates are subject to change
Location: Auto Club Speedway, San Bernardino, California. VIEW MAP
- NASCAR Nationwide and Cup Style race cars.
- All of the race cars are equipped with standard transmissions. If you need assistance operating a standard vehicle the pit crews will help you exit the pit area and get to speed quickly.
- You'll be driving real NASCAR racecars that have raced in competions with top NASCAR teams including Dodge Chargers, Pontiac Grand Prix, Chevrolet Monte Carlos, Toyota Camrys, and Ford Fusions. Amongst them you will find cars from Joe Gibbs Racing, Dale Earnhardt Inc., Roush, Hendrick Motorsports, and others.
- The steel bodied race cars are stable at speeds of 150mph and more.
- The chassis, combined with a 500 hp GM crate motor, will have you breathless as the car rockets off the corners.
How fast will I be able to go?
- Real fast! Every track and student is different. The speeds will vary according to a driver’s individual performance.
Need to know:
- Minimum age for participation: 18 years.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- All drivers are provided with a driver’s suit, a HANS Device and a helmet with one-way radio communication.
- You must be able to climb through a 15” high by 28” wide window that sits 35” from the ground.
- Minimum height requirement: 5′
- Maximum height premitted: 6′ 4″.
- Waist and chest can be no bigger than 52".
- This experience is weather dependent. If the experience is cancelled due to weather, your certificate will be rescheduled for a future date. No refunds can be issued.
- Wear clothes that will be comfortable under the driver’s suit and closed toe shoes. You cannot drive in open-toed shoes. The shoes you wear should allow you to feel the pedals through the sole. A running shoe or equivalent usually works best (no boots).
- You are financially responsible for all damage caused to the car due to driver error. A Vehicle Protection Plan is available for $75.00, subject to a $1000.00 deductible. You can purchase optional insurance at the race car track on the day of your event. Due to the quality of the training and cars, damage is rare but you will be responsible for any damage to the racecar.
How To Book Your Experience