Discover what it’s like to be a mermaid! During this fun and dynamic 60-minute aqua-fitness class, for adults and kids, you’ll learn synchronized swimming techniques to get you feeling like a beautiful mermaid.
Fun for both adults and kids!
Ready to learn what it means to be a mermaid? This introduction to monofin and synchronized swimming will transform you into a shining, graceful mermaid with the help of artificial tails complete with delicate, broad fins and colourful scales.
During the swimming lesson, you’ll learn techniques to glide through the water like a mermaid, propelling yourself forward using both legs as a mermaid tail and your core muscles. You’ll be surprised at the power and speed you can have using the mermaid's tail.
The Mermaid Swimming Class is a safe, fun, structured activity. Along with other aspiring mermaids, you’ll learn how to swim like a mermaid, while expressing yourself in a unique way.
Mermaid monofin: The monofin has a foot pocket with adjustable straps and is flexible to follow the wave movement of your body. The fabric is breathable and stretchy with a zipper on the side to allow quick and easy access for safe removal in the water.
- Welcome to mermaid swimming and stretching
- 5 minutes Tails selection, how to wear and take care of your mermaid tail.
- 10 minutes Swimming level evaluation and swimming warm up without the tail.
- 5 minutes Swimming with the mermaid tail and floaters.
- 10 minutes Swimming without floaters.
- 20 minutes Swimming techniques.
- 5 mininutes Mermaid Games and free swim.
- 5 minutes Opportunity to take your own photos.
- Mermaid tail rental
- 60-minute class
Duration: 60 minutes
When: Sundays 11:00am Available year round*
*subject to availability.
Location: UIC Small Pool 901 West Roosevelt Road Chicago, IL 60608 VIEW MAP
Need to know:
- Minimum age for participation is 7 years.
- No previous diving experience is necessary.
- All participants must be confident swimmers.
- Wear a comfortable bathing suit (one or two pieces are good). Make sure your bathing suit allows you to move freely.
- Avoid eating a heavy meal 2-hours before the class.
- It is recommended you bring goggles, towel, and lock. Lockers are available free of charge for your cell phone and other personal belongings.
- Parents, family and friends can watch the class from the other side of the pool windows in the waiting area.
- The 10 last minutes are reserved for free swim. Family and friends are welcome to the side of the pool to take pictures.
Whether you are looking to get in touch with your inner mermaid, an exercise experience like no other, or for a unique gift experience then this Mermaid Swimming Class is it.
How To Book Your Experience