Get ready for high-speed driving excitement at Connecticut’s Stafford Motor Speedway with this unforgettable stock car racing experience! This is the perfect gift for the NASCAR fan in your life.
This is where you get to drive like the pros do!
Grip the steering tight and put the pedal to the metal in a lightweight NASCAR-style Late Model. This thrilling stock car driving experience is your chance to get behind the wheel and drive a real 400-plus horsepower racecar around Stafford Motor Speedway’s Short Track!
Your experience starts with a team of expert instructors bringing you up to speed on racing techniques before you take full control of the car. They’ll go over how to enter and exit the track, the flags used, finding the line, passing and much more.
Next, you’re suited up in a fire-retardant driving suit over your clothes and a full-face helmet. Then comes the part you’ve been waiting for!
No racing experience is required!
Climb through the window and get strapped into your 5-point harness. You’ll have an earpiece set up under your helmet so you can hear your instructor while you’re on the track. As you are going around, you'll get feedback on all aspects of racing including changing gears, cornering, break points.
Feel the incredible power of the V8 engine roar as you soar around Stafford Speedway and get a taste of life as a professional race driver.
This is sure to be an unforgettable adventure for racing fans and excitement seekers alike and makes a truly unique gift!
- June 22, 2019
- August 24, 2019
- October 12,2019
THIS EXPERIENCE HAS LIMITED SPACE AND ONLY SELECTED DATES TO CHOOSE FROM.
*Dates are subject to change.
- You drive a 400+ horsepower stock car.
- High speed laps around Stafford Motor Speedway, a 1/2 mile Asphalt Short Track Oval.
- You’ll receive instruction from driving professionals.
- Drive like you’ve never driven before.
How fast will I be able to go?
- Real fast! The speeds will vary according to each driver’s individual performance.
Need to know:
- Minimum age for participation is 18 years old.
- You must have a valid driver’s license.
- All participants are provided with a driver’s suit, a helmet with one way radio communication and a HANS Device.
- All Drivers must be able to climb through a 28" wide by 15” high by window that sits 35” above the ground.
- Maximum height is 6'4". Minimum height is 5' tall.
- Waist and chest can be no bigger than 52".
- Please note that this experience is weather dependent. If your date is cancelled due to weather, your experience certificate will be honored for a future date. No refunds can be issued.
- Participants need to wear clothes that will be comfortable under the Drivers/Riders suit and closed toe shoes. A tennis shoe or equivalent usually works best (no boots). The shoes you wear should allow you to feel the pedals through the sole.
- You are financially responsible for all damage caused to the car due to driver error. A Vehicle Protection Plan is available for $60.00, subject to a $1000.00 deductible. You can purchase optional insurance at the race car track on the day of your event. Due to the quality of the training and cars, damage is rare but you will be responsible for any damage to the racecar.
This stock car racing experience takes place at Stafford Springs, a short drive from Hartford, Connecticut. VIEW MAP
How To Book Your Experience