Do you have what it takes to drive a highly tuned NASCAR style race car at speeds up to 150 mph? This is your chance to race a Late Model stock car around Houston Motorsports Park's 3/8-mile, high banked asphalt oval short track!
Drive a stock car like the NASCAR pros do!
Get behind the wheel of a real stock car and put the pedal to the metal in a lightweight NASCAR style Late Model. It’s just you in the car with 400-horsepower in your control!
Your incredible car racing experience begins with a driver’s meeting where seasoned racing instructors will go over driving techniques, safety procedures, and everything you need to know for this high-speed adventure.
Then its time to feed your need for speed! You’ll slide through the window, into the driver’s seat, get strapped into the 5-point harness and connect the earpiece up under your helmet. You’ll be able to hear your instructor while your racing around track. Your instructor will be advising you on braking points, changing gears, and coaching you the entire time to get your speed up to an insane level.
No previous stock car racing experience required!
With your loved ones on the sidelines watching you live your dream of driving a race car like the NASCAR pros, you’ll be laser focused with the rumble and roar of the engine blocking out everything but the track ahead.
- April 15, 2023
- April 16, 2023
*This experience has limited space and only select dates to choose from. Dates are subject to change
- Race around Houston Motorsports Park's 3/8-mile high banked asphalt oval.
- Drive a 400+ horsepower NASCAR style race car.
- Instruction from racing professionals.
Location: Houston Motorsports Park, Houston, Texas. VIEW MAP
- Late Models are designed to race on smaller short oval racetracks.
- The Late Model’s strong chassis and fiberglass body make the car lighter and quicker than the bigger NASCAR style Cup cars used at bigger ovals.
- All of the race cars are standard transmission. If you need assistance operating a standard vehicle the pit crews will help you exit the pit area and get to speed quickly.
How fast will I be able to go?
- Real fast! Every student and track is different. The speeds will vary according to a driver’s individual performance.
Need to know:
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate. Ride Along minimum age is 14 years and be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- You will be provided with a helmet with one-way radio communication, a HANS Device and driver’s suit.
- Drivers must be able to climb through a 15” high by 28” wide window that sits 35” from the ground.
- Minimum height requirement is 5′ tall.
- Maximum height allowable is 6′ 4″.
- Chest and waist cannot exceed 52".
- This experience is weather dependent. In the event your racing event is cancelled due to weather, your certificate will be rescheduled for a future date. Refunds cannot be issued.
- Wear clothes that will be comfortable under the driver’s suit and close-toed shoes. The shoes you wear should allow you to feel the pedals through the sole. A sneaker or equivalent usually works best (no boots). Open-toed shoes are not allowed.
- You are financially responsible for all damage caused to the car due to driver error. A Vehicle Protection Plan is available for $60.00, subject to a $1000.00 deductible. You can purchase optional insurance at the race car track on the day of your event. Due to the quality of the training and cars, damage is rare, but you will be responsible for any damage to the race car.
How To Book Your Experience