This thrilling stock car racing experience at World Wide Technology Raceway is your chance to get behind the wheel and drive a NASCAR style race car around the Super Speedway near St. Louis at speeds up to 150 mph.
Discover first-hand what it’s like drive a race car like the NASCAR pros do!
When you arrive at the track in Madison, just minutes from St. Louis, you’ll have a briefing session with seasoned racing instructors to go over safety procedures, racing theory and important track information. You’ll then get suited up in a fireproof driving suit over your clothes and a full-face helmet.
Then comes the exciting part! You’ll slide through the stock car’s window into the driver’s seat, get buckled into your 5-point harness, and connect your helmet radio. You’ll hear your instructor while you’re on the track as they will give you advice on changing gears, brake points and driving safely while, at the same time, getting your speed up to a breath-taking level.
As you leave the pit and enter the Super Speedway, you'll experience an amazing adrenaline rush. With the engine roaring, grab the wheel and squeeze tight as you take off on the ultimate driving experience. The 1.25-mile oval “egg” is a favorite of many of the drivers who race at World Wide Technology Raceway due to the unique shape of the track and the different degrees of banking in each corner.
No previous experience needed to drive a race car!
This high-speed driving experience is the perfect experience gift for the racing fan in your life or another St. Louis adventure to check off your bucket list!
This experience has limited space and only select dates to choose from.
*Dates are subject to change
- High speed laps around the 1.25 mile oval "egg" Super Speedway.
- Take control of a 500+ horsepower race car.
- You’ll receive instruction from racing instructors.
- Feed your need for speed!
Location: World Wide Technology Raceway, Madison, Illinois, minutes from St. Louis, Missouri. VIEW MAP
- NASCAR Nationwide and Cup Series race cars.
- All of the race cars have standard transmissions. If you need a hand operating a standard vehicle the pit crews will help you exit the pit area and you get driving really fast quickly.
- The race cars have been driven in competitions. Amongst them you will find cars from Joe Gibbs, Dale Earnhardt Inc., Hendrick Motorsports, Roush and others.
- The steel bodied Cup cars are stable at speeds of 150mph and more.
- The chassis, combined with a 500 hp GM crate motor, will have you breathless as the car rockets off the corner.
How fast will I be able to go?
- Real fast! It's just and the car on the track! The speeds will vary according to a driver’s individual performance.
Need to know:
- To participate you must be at least 18 years old. Ride Along minimum age is 14 years and be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- You will be provided with a driver’s suit, a HANS Device and a helmet with one-way radio communication.
- You need to be able to climb through a 15” high by 28” wide window that sits 35” from the ground.
- Drivers must be at least 5′ tall.
- Maximum height permitted is 6′ 4″.
- Waist and chest can be no bigger than 52".
- This experience is weather dependent. In the event the experience is cancelled due to weather, your certificate will be rescheduled for a future date. No refunds can be issued.
- Wear clothes that will be comfortable under the driver’s suit and closed-toed shoes. The shoes you wear should allow you to feel the pedals through the sole. A tennis shoe or equivalent usually works best (no boots). Open-toed shoed are not allowed.
- You are financially responsible for all damage caused to the car due to driver error. A Vehicle Protection Plan is available for $75.00, subject to a $1000.00 deductible. You can purchase optional insurance at the race car track on the day of your event. Due to the quality of the training and cars, damage is rare but you will be responsible for any damage to the racecar.
How To Book Your Experience